Monday, March 31, 2014

Keepin' On In Kuching

Yo yo yo my homies,
This past week has been another great one. We've had some really good lessons; the unity between me and my companion is growing and our teaching is getting better each and every lesson. Some of our lessons this week were SUPER AWESOME :) We met with a former investigator on Saturday night, and she committed to coming to Church the next day. We set the expectation of staying for at least one hour of Church...and she stayed for ALL 3 HOURS! And then for a few minutes afterwards, during which time she was busy being fellowshipped by our awesome members. I tell ya what, it brought a smile to this heart of mine :)
This upcoming week we have Zone Conference--Singapore here we come! It's been quite some time since I've been to Singapore; I'm super stoked to go and see friends and hopefully some Chinese YSA peeps as well. Speaking of Chinese: The best way to soften a Chinese person's heart is to tell them that you're from China and then wink at them. It also helps when you're a skinny, white, redheaded kid, but that's not a must. I encourage you to give it a shot the next time you run into yige huaren :)
I've had the chance to learn a lot about charity and love this past week. It's been a good study, and has definitely helped increase my love and respect for the Savior. The fact that He was able to love and serve others without (in certain cases) an inkling of reciprocation is so astounding to me! I personally enjoy it when I get positive feedback from someone that I've been trying to befriend; and it sure does hurt a lot when you get the cold shoulder from someone you've been working so hard to help. But the Savior managed/manages to take all of this and CONTINUE loving that person. No matter what. He suffered for the righteous and the wicked, the whole and the sickly. The gifts of the Atonement are extended to all people. That's certainly a comfort to those of us who are far from perfect (aka yours truly :) ).
Well, folks, remember who you are and what you stand for :) The Lord has a plan for all of us; I don't want to pretend like I understand it, 'cuz I certainly do NOT. I do know, however, that the Lord intends for all of us to experience a fulness of joy, and that joy can only come from having a fulness of the Gospel. Keep on keepin' on, folks!
Love you all,
麦长老

No comments:

Post a Comment