Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello Errbody!:)

Dearest friends, family, and poisonous reptiles,
Another day, another destiny! This week has zoomed by super fast! Like speed-of-light fast! Aiya! :) We've been busy with the work here in Miri--this past week we were visited by our mission president, and he gave some great advice as to what direction we should start taking the work here. It's nice to have that sort of direction from him :)
This past week I've had the opportunity to really ponder a lot on the Lord's tender mercies and His boundless grace. It is so amazing to me that the Lord would trust such imperfect tools to carry out His work of salvation. As I stop and reflect on some of my own imperfections and frailties (a list that is far from short), I cannot help but sit back in awe and wonder as to why the Lord would trust someone like me with a work so eternal and vast and great. It shows not only His boundless love for us, but also His boundless capability and desire to constantly and continuously forgive us. It is through giving us tasks, trials, and challenges--sometimes things so hard to bear that we feel we cannot stand--that we grow, become perfected, and become more like Him.
My love for the Savior, my admiration for His mercy and grace, and my testimony of His Divinity continue to grow each and every day. To come closer to Christ--this is the purpose of life, this is the purpose of missionary work, and this is the quest that will keep on keeping on through the eternities. It is an exciting, daunting, and wonderful prospect that lies before us: That our relationship with our Elder Brother and with our Heavenly Father will continue to increase, improve, and intensify as the days, months, years, and, ultimately, the eternities roll on and by. I'm totes excited for it :)
I hope that you all have had a wonderful week--I love hearing from y'all in emails and letters and that sort of stuff. The Lord loves us and works with us in so many awesome and mysterious ways. Look for the miracles in your life--the small ones most especially! It is through the little flecks of gold that we will build a vast wealth of testimony and faith, preparatory to the gold mine that awaits in the Celestial Kingdom :) 
I love you all! God be with you till we email again,
Mai Zhanglao :)

Elder Mitchell experiencing dragonfruit:

No comments:

Post a Comment