Monday, October 28, 2013

Hello All! This Be Mai Zhanglao:)

Well, it's been a while since last I sent out an email/blogpost to all y'all. Sorry about that... :/ Anywho, these past few weeks have been busy and fun! I have the great opportunity and privilege to be training--sometimes it's super stressful, but for the most part it's been really fun. Both of our Chinese has been improving, and we've been doing a lot of finding/contacting. We're really hoping that the Chinese group leader will get us a list of all the Chinese members (active, less active, and inactive) soon so that we can start going and visiting them. That'll be fun :)
Lately President Mains has been putting a great deal of emphasis on having faith while we find. Believing that God really is preparing those people whose doors we knock and who we meet on the street. Me and my companion have been working hard to do just that, and it's brought about MIRACLES! Not super big ones--miracles that are just the right size to build our strength and faith in the Savior and His Atonement. Take, for instance, this miracle: Several days ago we were knocking an area that hadn't been tracted for at least 3 or so months, and so we were busy trying to do work there. We ran into a girl from Zimbabwe whose going to the local university--we gave her a pass-along card with our names and number on it, and the very next day she called us, wanting to schedule an appointment with us! She's a Seventh-Day Adventist--apparently they believe that when we die our bodies and spirits remained joined and just sorta hibernate in the ground until the Resurrection. It's an interesting doctrine, and one that prompted me to study more about the spirit world and resurrection and the Atonement for yesterday's Personal Study. It was AWESOME!!! All these little miracles that seemingly come out of nowhere--or rather, from the midst of everything, even God Himself :)
I've learned a lot about the Atonement this past week. Part of having faith in it and its remarkable power is having the confidence that God really does love you and wants you to return to Him. (See 'Faith in Jesus Christ' in Preach My Gospel for more info). I've been able to study more about the power and mercy and grace contained within the Atonement, and I cannot even attempt to describe or deny the feelings that I've received. I know that this Gospel is true, brothers and sisters, and I know that as we fight for the light, we'll receive that same confirmation :) All of the pain and ache that life can give us sometimes is swallowed up and forgotten in the light and joy of this Gospel. For that wonderful truth I am so very thankful! I know that this work is God's, and I know that He is my Heavenly Father. I know that He is yours, as well :) Don't you ever forget it! :)
I love you all and look forward to talking to you soon,
God be with you till we meet again,
Mai Zhanglao :)

No comments:

Post a Comment