Monday, March 23, 2015

Hello, I'm Elder Mitchell: I Tame Crocodiles, I Hike Jungles, and I'm a Mormon



[Please read the title in an Australian accent]
Yoyoyo!!!
Hello to my homeboys and -girls! So this little post is coming in a little later than usual because this morning we had an INTENSE jungle adventure for P-Day! We hiked through Malaysian jungles, saw some pretty kool waterfalls, and then we got to go to a crocodile farm in the middle of nowhere. Turns out, however, that that waterfall is the largest in West Malaysia! Boom! It's been a pretty fun day, although we've spent a good portion of it in a car traversing the length and breadth of the state of Johor :) 
We're currently working on strengthening our progressing investigators; we're also planning on pruning out our portion of the vineyard this upcoming week by putting some of the people we've tried to work with on ice for a while. I truly do love this work, and I love being a missionary! Being able to help people see how important the Gospel is in their lives truly is a great blessing! :) 
This past week we had a HUGE rainstorm that just smashed us. I'd put what I thought were all of my valuable items in my drybag before we had to go bike into the middle of said nightmare...but I'd forgotten to throw in a picture album....Little did I know about that till I reached the chapel. As I was pulling out the contents of my bag, I saw that yep, I'd forgotten to put the photo album in my drybag. Thankfully, the Lord had been kind to me, and preserved my pics for the most part. Other than a couple of pics of my little sister that got ruined (her face is now half-white, half-blue :) ), the pics were relatively untainted. As I've pondered about that, Heavenly Father has reminded me that that's also the fate of our families if we prove faithful. We'll face plenty of trials--God tells us so: "When through the deep waters I ask thee to go, The rivers of sorrow shall not thee o'erflow." (Hymn No. 85) As we hold on faithful to the Gospel, we'll be blessed with our families for forever and ever! I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation, that ensures that we'll be able to live with our loved ones, no matter what things we're called to pass through in this life. As we continue faithful in our testimony of the Savior, all things will work together for our good.
I'm a naturally stressful person, and I've learned so much on my mission about taking that stress and putting it behind me as I rely on the Savior to work things out. He asks us to be faithful--and sometimes that is REALLY hard. But it is the simplest cure to all things. We have to humble ourselves, our views, our wills, and trust that He knows what He's doing. I love my Savior and I know that He lives. This Gospel is true! As we live its principles, we find out just how GOOD it really is, and how amazing our Heavenly Father and our Saviour Jesus Christ are!
I love y'all! Have an awesome week :)
Sincerely,
麦长老









No comments:

Post a Comment