Monday, December 9, 2013

Hello My Peeps!

Another day, another destiny! :) This week has been super awesome, despite the fact that our Relief Society insists on trying to find me a Filipino girlfriend. Oh well :) This week has been full of awesome experiences, particularly in helping me rededicate myself to being a better missionary. I had the opportunity this week to learn more about being bold versus being overbearing. The best place to learn more about this is Alma 38. Shiblon--he's such a stud! He's just a regular, average guy who was called to serve a mission, experienced some hardships on it, and received counsel and advice from his father. It's such a powerful and awesome scripture, and I invite all y'all to give it a read :) I particularly like the phrase "be diligent and temperate in all things". That diligent part is something that I've been working on. Sometimes I get frustrated when appointments fall through, when you spend a goodly portion of your day knocking doors and no one wants to hear about your message, when you feel that you're doing your best and yet can still do so much more. 
I know that feeling. I know it very well. I've experienced it several times. And yet the Lord can take those hard feelings, that bitterness, and make us into something more. He can mold us into the men and women that will best be able to serve Him. He hears the sincere desires of our hearts and the sincere prayers of our mouths, and He makes us more. I know that that's true--He makes us MORE. 
This Gospel is one of becoming. Becoming a better person, becoming happier and stronger and more faithful, becoming self-reliant and loving, becoming more like Christ--it is all about becoming. The greatest part of that--this is something I've come to realize more and more as I've striven to be 'diligent' and 'temperate' in ALL THINGS--is that we cannot do it by ourselves. We need help. We need Him. It's the greatest and most sublime truth this Gospel has to offer, and it's the source of so much peace for me as I ponder on how it can apply to myself, the people we're working with, my family, my friends, and everyone in general. It's awesome :)
I feel like I've been a little random and ramblesome in my thoughts today, but hey--that's me :) Have a wonderful day, my friends! I love you all so very much, and so does the Lord! He's always gonna be with you, even and especially when I can't hang out with all y'all. He is our greatest Friend, our greatest Confidante, our greatest Comforter, and, ultimately, our Savior and Redeemer who will help us through the darkest nights and brightest days :)
God be with you till next we chat,
Mai Zhanglao :)

No comments:

Post a Comment