Monday, December 2, 2013

Hello from Miri! :)

Hello all! Another week has flown by here in the good ole Miri :) Not much to really report, other than a fantastic Thanksgiving lunch at Pizza Hut this past Thursday :) Mmmm, Thanksgiving :)
This past week I've come to learn more and more about the fact that the Lord really and truly does work in mysterious ways. He blesses us with the capacity to DO; He blesses us with the ability to LOVE; He motivates us when we are weak and unable. Take last night, for example. It had been a long day; I was a wee bit tired and worn from the day's work. That's not to say that it was a bad day--just a long one. Anywho, I decided that I needed to say a quick prayer; maybe that will help me feel better! I kneel down at my desk chair and begin offering up supplication to Heavenly Father. I testify to you all, brothers and sisters, that the power of prayer is REAL! I felt my burdens lifted, my cares and sorrows wiped away; I could feel the peace that I was longing to find. It was the most amazing and powerful sensation ever, and I treasure that small moment with all of my heart.
The Lord lives. He has a work for each of us to do, and He will always provide the means whereby we can do it. It is amazing and fun to see how He has been busy in the lives of others; I'm so grateful that He's not content leaving me alone, either. He always provides for some improvement or some chastening that I stand in need of, giving me the love and support necessary for me to truly make the change that will see me to better times and brighter days. I love Him so much; I love this Gospel so much; I love this work so much. Every tear, every bead of sweat, every tired muscle, every weary eye, every sore foot, every aching back--they're all worth it in the end. The joy that this work provides far outweighs gold, and is shinier too (in my opinion :) ).
I love you all! May God be with you till we meet again!
Mai Zhanglao :)

A few pics of Elder Mitchell on a jungle adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment