Monday, September 2, 2013

Yep, that's right, folks. Read the title and weep, either for joy or for sorrow, it's yo' pick. For those of you that haven't yet learned, I've been transferred!!! Usually missionaries who are in the middle of their 12 week trainings don't get transferred, but heck--story of my life ;) I've gone from the lush suburbs, shops, buildings, stores, and general Babylon of Singapore to Miri, a town/city in East Malaysia that's almost a complete opposite of where I've come from (by that, I mean both Singapore and the USA).
I flew out from Singapore on Thursday afternoon and have found my way here to Miri. It's been quite an adventure--I've seen some pretty interesting sights, to say the least. There are these scraggly dogs that walk around EVERYWHERE--most of them probably have some form of cancer or something. They're a sad sight, but they seem to take care of themselves pretty well.
Also: The other day, as I was walking into the bathroom, I was greeted by a chichac/chichawk/I'm-not-really-sure-how-to-spell-it-but-it's-a-little-gecko-type-lizard crawling around the ceiling. That was fun :)
I've been excited to work here in Miri; riding a bike for most of the day has left my hind end incredibly sore, but I also fill very...hmmm, how to put it? I guess fulfilled--I feel like I'm doing more now as a missionary than I ever have before. It's a good feeling--I hope it stays :)
As I've traveled from Singapore to Miri and seen the various climes and atmospheres in which God's children reside, I'm amazed at how alike we all truly are. We all have difficulties and challenges; we all face fear and disappointment; we all have so much alike! It's been amazing to see that, and I hope that the longer I am here the more it will be opened to my eyes that yes, all of God's children truly are HIS. He loves us, He watches over us, He's in the most minute details of our lives. It's so awesome! :)
I wish you all the best of luck in your many endeavors! I love you all and look forward to chatting again next week!
God be with you till we meet again,
Mai Zhanglao :)

No comments:

Post a Comment