Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy Happy Happy Day :)

Hello To All My Peoples :)
We come to the end (or is it the beginning?) of yet another glorious week here in Malaysia. The sunsets are still as beautiful as ever, the rain is as wet as ever, and the Chinese is as fast as ever. But that's what makes Malaysia so great :) 
This past week we had the chance to fly out to Singapore for Zone Conference. We had one of the local General Authorities from the Asia Area--Elder Larry Wilson--come and be our special guest at Zone Conference. He emphasized the importance of reading the Book of Mormon, particularly with the investigators and less actives that we teach. Since that time till now I've definitely had my testimony of the divine calling of our General Authorities reiterated. Let me explain what I mean :)
My companion and I traveled forth to an investigator's house a couple of nights ago (yes, we finally have investigators! The drought is over! :) ); we'd decided beforehand to try out Elder Wilson's idea of reading the Book of Mormon with him, starting from page 1. As the lesson progressed, the man expressed several times that he was a sinner, and that he didn't feel that God would answer his prayers. We started off with verse one, but as he talked about prayer we felt that we needed to start sharing in verse 5, concerning Lehi's experience with prayer. We shared that Lehi prayed for his people and had a specific revelation because of his faith in God.
The man became kind of quiet. "Wait...so God answered his prayer?"
We nodded. "Yep, He did."
"But wasn't this guy a sinner?"
We smiled. "Yes--yes he was!"
Have you ever seen it, that wonderful moment when something finally 'clicks' for someone and their eyes light up and they smile oh-so-serenely? It is one of the greatest moments I have ever had as a missionary. I know that the Spirit was testifying to him at that moment that what we were saying is TRUE.
Folks, I know that it is. I've been studying the Book of Mormon more seriously and more frequently since Christmas, and I have felt a very real power come into my life. I have felt the light of Christ magnifying its way through the corridors of my soul. I have felt the love of God for the people that we share the Book of Mormon with. It has so much power! Last night me and the other Chinese elders here in Miri counseled together about starting up a Book of Mormon Study Class for our branch members. As we did it, I felt the excitement building inside of me as we discussed what Joseph Smith calls "the most correct of any book on earth" (or something to that effect :) ). 
I testify that the Book of Mormon is true. Maybe my testimony of the Book of Mormon isn't quite the caliber that Nephi's is, or Moroni's, or any of the other prophets that participated in the writing and bringing forth of it...but it is MY testimony. I've found out for MYSELF. And I know that you can too. As you take the time to prayerfully and carefully study this wonderful volume of scripture, fears will subside, courage will be fortified, faith will blossom and grow, hope will shine forth, and charity will radiate from God to you, and from you to others. I know that the Book of Mormon has that power, because I've experienced it for myself. And now I, along with every other modern-day prophet, apostle, and servant of the Lord, as well as most (if not all) of the ancient-day seers and revelators, invite YOU to read it. If you have before, if you already have a testimony thereof, if you feel like you're 'good' (as they'd say here in Malaysia and Singapore, "No need lah!"), then I invite you to reread it. I've read it multiple times in my own life, and each time a new layer of understanding is met and a new revelation is gleaned. 
I love you all and hope that you have the greatest week evs :)
For now we part; I bid y'all a fond farewell! Xiage libai jian! :)
Mai Zhanglao :)
p.s. Next week I could be emailing you from a different location! We should be finding out transfers in the next few minutes! It's gonna be awesome! :)
p.p.s. The pics attached= My mission family tree!! Even though I'm in the middle, I'm the firstborn of my father and birthright son of this family :)
Went to the Butterfly Garden at the Singapore Airport; turns out that there are butterfly Mormons too! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment