Monday, June 24, 2013

Wo de pengyoumen, nimen hao!!! (I wish I knew how to put tones on the words with this thing; I currently don't, so that's a wee bit of challenge--anywho: That phrase means: My friends, hello to you all! [Kinda]) :)
Another week, another destiny! Only 3 more till we flight out and off to Singapore/Xinjiapo! One of the teachers, Bro. Moody, is a fellow redhead that went to Singapore as well. He's been telling us about some of the crazy food that we'll eat there. He's mentioned that grass is served quite frequently, as is dog and something known as gutterfish (pretty much the fish that dwell in the Malaysian gutters and sewers, where people throw their garbage and stuff). Fun fun fun :)
Life continues to go on; I hope everyone was able to watch or listen to the Worldwide Broadcast! There were so many great messages and sermons delivered there! One of my ultimate favorites was a line that Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve said: "The Lord's objectives are accomplished one soul at a time." I LOVE THAT! It is so true! In a few of our past lessons, we've had investigators ask, "If my family doesn't accept the Gospel in this life, will I be able to be with them in this celestial kingdom of yours?" And the answer: The Lord loves ALL of His children! Missionary work doesn't end beyond the grave! That was another topic that was briefly touched upon in the Broadcast. The Lord calls and sends missionaries on both sides of the veil to do His work and to give all of His children the opportunity to accept His Gospel. Those who don't accept the Gospel in this life will be given an opportunity to do so in the next.
Just sitting here, thinking about that profound and wonderful truth, brings great comfort to my soul in connection with my brother. I have no doubt that there is a mission call waiting for him in the mansions above, and maybe part of that call's area will be able to extend over that of my own mission; I hope and pray that he will be able to become a companion of mine in the jungles of Malaysia and the streets of Singapore :)
For those of you that haven't read it, I HIGHLY encourage reading Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk "Sanctify Yourselves". This is so inspirational and so motivating a talk, and it really drives home the fact that we're meant to help each other, as we are all members of the human family. Missionary work is not just for missionaries; it is for EVERYONE (This was yet another statement that was really driven home during last night's wonderful Worldwide Broadcast).
I testify that the Lord really does love everyone. Throughout this past week I've really come to accept and know that the Lord has a hand in all of our lives, including those people who have never heard of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He will provide a way for all of them, in one way or another, in this life or the next, to hear and hopefully receive the truthfulness of our message. I know that the Lord has a hand in China; I know that He is preparing those wonderful people. I know that He will find a way to bring all of His children back home. If this were not so, then nothing we teach and testify of would be correct. This is one of the foundational doctrines that our Church is based upon, and it is one that is dearly beloved in my heart :)
I hope you all have had and will continue to have an amazing week! Thank you for your many letters and emails; please keep them coming! There's no better way to drive off discouragement or loneliness than to receive a letter from a friend or family member! They're pretty much the best :)
I love you all! Wo hen ai nimen :)
Zai jian for now; God be with you till we meet again,
Elder Mitchell/Mai Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment